Saturday 11 October 2014

Traveling light

When going out to take photos, be it in the city or in the "wilderness", I like to travel light.

Here is my basic equipment:



Apart from my camera it consists of:

1
The Lowe pro Toploader Zoom 55 AW, big enough to hold the camera, a second lens and my 8" tab if I choose. It has an integrated rain cover which can be quite useful. I carry it either with the shoulder strap (city) or the padded belt (8) (outdoors).

2
A mini tripod, always inserted in the side loops of the Toploader. A cheap one, but it works, someday I will have to get a better one, but well...

3
A credit card sized grey card, very sturdy with a neck loop. In this case a Scuadra TrueColors. Always in the front pocket of the Toploader.

4
A pocket knife (front pocket)

5
My smart phone, protected in a Griffin Survivor, for GPS data or to control the camera with the

6
USB-OTG cable (front pocket)

7
A mono pod, a Manfrotto 679B with the Manfrotto 234RC head. Very sturdy! Can be used as a walking stick or to get rid of angry dogs!

8
A padded belt with two additional pockets. This one is an old VauDe, at least 25 years old, not sure if they still make them.

Add to this sometimes a daypack with a raincoat, water and a snack inside and you have my "Travel lite" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment